SWALE SEARCH AND RECOVERY CLUB CONSTITUTION
(Formerly the Isle of Sheppey Metal Detecting Society)
Member of Landscape Explorers Group in South East
(LEGISE: NCMD SR)
Affiliated to the National Council for Metal Detecting
1. The Club will elect a committee annually to consist of, at least, a chairperson and a Treasurer. Other positions available include; Secretary, Vice chairperson, Membership secretary, Sites officer, Finds officer and Public Relations officer.
2. The Club reserves the right, at its discretion, to refuse or offer membership. Membership will only be offered to applicants who have attended at least three club meetings. The limit on membership is 50 members.
3. The annual membership fee is £10 with an entrance fee of a further £15 annually (total £25) or £1 per meeting attended with a pro rata fee for members joining later in the year. Associate membership is available to junior (under 16) members and non-detector owners for payment of a reduced annual fee of £10.00 only. Annual fees must be paid up within one month of the AGM.
4. Money raised through club fees, raffles and other events will go to the Club Funds. This will fund the general running of the Club. The balance will fund Club rallies, barbeques and other functions held for the membership at no additional cost to the membership (where Club funds allow). Membership fees must be fully paid up to qualify for attendance at all Club functions.
5. The Club refuses to accept responsibility for loss, damage or injury suffered by or caused by any Club member whilst on a Club site or any other.
6. The Club will supply membership of the NCMD/LEGISE for all new members and renew membership each year for all existing current members. This will be paid for from Club funds.
7. No member may venture onto a Club site without first giving the sites officer and site owner prior notice as and when required.
8. Membership will be withdrawn of any member who, it is felt by the committee, have brought the Club or hobby into disrepute.
9. The Club expects the membership to help with its activities when reasonably requested to do so.
10. When voting on issues raised at meetings, no less than 50% of members must be present to constitute a quorum. Any changes to the Club Constitution must be discussed and voted on only at an AGM or EGM. Not less than 10 fully paid up members are required to call an EGM.
11. Only Club members and invited insured detectorists are allowed on Club sites.
12. All members must follow the Code of Practice for Responsible Metal Detecting in England and Wales.
swale search & recovery club